Connecting Smarttv tv (Vizio) to Internet, router, with problem workaround HTWL

How to hook up a television with the smarttv selection to a router, and if the relationship does not operate, a way to make it operate.

Categorised as: Vizio

1. Leonard Smith says:

I use that router these days

2. Leonard Smith says:

I’d need to look at it to see, first thing I’d do though is see what the download section means, that doesn’t have much to do with networking, and belkin is well under par, so i’d translate that into cisco terms. After that I’d go with gut instinct, so sorry boss, I’m not much help. FYI, I use the WRT610N router.

3. kwaz520 says:

Hey Leonard,

I entered the MAC Address into my Belkin Router Mac Address Settings. My Vizio TV still connects to the router with a strong signal strength ( the router is 4 feet from my computer ). When I test the connection it tells me it’s connected, but under the download section it says “Not Available”. Everything works fine with a wired ethernet connection, but the wifi will connect to the router, there’s just no internet connection. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. Michael Nolen says:

Thank you so much…what took Vizio tech support 3 hours to fix took you less than 6 minutes.

5. Keir Mathis says:

Having exact same issue. Seem to have erased IP Subnet, Default and DNS Servers. Not sure where I got them in first place. Appreciate you putting this video up! 🙂 Wondering how you figured this out. Also would if I could ask you questions getting reconnected again. Can’t without dropped connections occuring? Is it a YouTube ap issue or a general wireless router issue? I had a little trouble with Netflix and other aps, but nothing like the YouTube ap. Where I can get the DNS addresses?

6. Tyler Shamrock says:

How do i DISCONNECT my Vizio Smart TV from my internet?

7. Phillip Crowe says:

This worked for me! Thank you!

8. Rob Block says:

I had to do the same thing with the Vizio I got. I’m an engineer so it wasn’t a big deal for me. But I would never recommend it for a non-techie who doesn’t understand the intricacies of networking. I got my parents a LG and it connected right away. I have a DLink router, and all my other components had no problems connecting to it, over DHCP. I’m sure their customer service guys hate having to explain technical stuff to non-tech people, but they should blame their own product engineers.

9. Leonard Smith says:

You’re the person customer service hates dealing with. Life happens man, get over it.

10. CVargas says:

Nice teddy bear collection, I Love Hooters.

11. Rob Block says:

Useful video. However, if someone who buys a “smart TV” actually needs to do all that, the TV should go back to the store IMO.

12. Akin White says:

what about phones that are can or will be connected to the internet

13. Leonard Smith says:

Happens all the time with me, it’s the tv.

14. Bart Rutan says:

Vizio app is running very slow and drops connections. I don’t have any problem with laptop and iphone. What gives? Any clues?